This is a delicious and fun way to start the day! And if you already have some raw buckwheat porridge in the fridge it takes just minutes to mix up the pumpkin version and layer it up with granola for a gorgeous, nutrient-packed parfait.
Mmmmm…pumpkin…I love it in everything. So I had this idea to mix some pumpkin puree into my raw buckwheat porridge. And it was DELICIOUS! Then I had this BRILLIANT idea to make a parfait with the pumpkin spice granola I made the other day. GENIUS!
It turned out so good! I just wish my picture turned out a little brighter so you could see how yummy this looks. 🙁
I layered granola and pumpkin buckwheat porridge then topped it off with some raw hemp hearts too! Ohhhhhh yumm….this is like a beta-carotene, manganese, magnesium, copper, iron, vitamin K, fiber, potassium and phosphorus packed dessert that you can have for breakfast! What?
RAW BUCKWHEAT PUMPKIN PARFAIT
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 5 minutes Serves: one
- 1 serving (180 grams) basic raw buckwheat porridge
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- Dash of cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 packet of stevia (optional)
- 1 serving (18 grams) pumpkin spice granola
- 1 teaspoon raw hemp hearts
- Unsweetened coconut flakes, optional to top
- In a bowl whisk together the porridge, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, vanilla, and stevia.
- Place a little bit of granola at the bottom of a large glass. Pour in about half of the pumpkin porridge.
- Place a little more of the granola around the side of the glass on top of the porridge and pour the remaining porridge on top.
- Top with the remaining granola, the hemp hearts and a little bit of coconut flakes.
Have you tried raw buckwheat porridge yet? If not then why the heck not???? If so then you know how delicious and filling it is so GO MAKE SOME OF THIS! Yum.
Happy pumpkin season!