Sometimes you just need something sweet, something decadent that satisfies that chocolate craving, but doesn’t leave you feeling tired , bloated, and sick or hating yourself. Am I right? Well, what if I told you that these uber chocolatey cookies are the answer, that with one bite you will be hooked. Would you give them a try?
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
Do you like banana bread? How about chocolate banana bread? What about DOUBLE chocolate banana bread? And cookies? Do you like those? Well, if you answered yes to any of these questions, I urge you to give my recipe a try. These sweet treats are super simple to make and WAY healthier than your average cookie. But don’t tell anyone they’re healthy. That will just ruin the surprise. It’s much more fun to tell someone AFTER they’ve tried them.
I love baking. And I love eating. And mostly I love chocolate. I mean, who doesn’t, right? Well, what if I told you these cookies are super yummy, but also free of all the stuff you don’t want to put into your body – the stuff that clogs up your bodily systems, making you feel heavy and sick. It’s true! There is no processed junk in these little bites of heaven. No refined sugar or flour. No dairy or soy. No gluten, nuts, or animal products. All that’s in these gorgeous cookies is wholesome ingredients and LOVE!
LOVE WHAT YOU EAT. FEEL GOOD ABOUT EATING IT.
Do you have ripe bananas that need to get used up? Then what are you waiting for? Go make these cookies RIGHT NOW!!!
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD COOKIES
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 12 minutes Total time: 17 minutes Makes: 16 cookies
- 4 small very ripe bananas (~340g)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons (45g) organic pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (15g) organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (128g) roasted sunflower seed butter**
- 2 1/2 cups (~250g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 4 ounces (112g) gluten-free & vegan dark chocolate chips
- Add the banana to the food processor and process until mashed. Add the remaining ingredients up to the rolled oats and process until smooth, scraping down the sides once. Add the oats and pulse a few times just to combine. Add the chocolate chips and pulse just to mix in.
- Transfer the batter to a glass bowl and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper and drop the dough by the teaspoon-full onto the sheets, slightly flattening each cookie with your fingers. Bake for about 12 minutes or until the cookies appear golden on the bottoms. Allow to cool for about two minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to ten days or in the freezer for up to a month. Enjoy!
So? Did you make them? If so, did you use your own homemade sunbutter? Or did you use tahini? Or perhaps you opted for some natural nut butter instead? Let me know how you made them, if you added anything else, and how they turned out. I’d love to hear!